During our holiday stay with relatives, my son slept in the bed with his older brother whom ended up with the flu. Yes, the real flu. Fever, shivers, body aches, the whole thing. His niece, whom he played with, was also diagnosed with flu at the doctor. Fast forward to today. My son is in bed with a mild, dry cough and headache. Let’s hope it’s not the beginning stages of the flu!
I made him my newest tea that is warm, spicy (in a good way), and soothing to the throat. I named it, Warm and Soothing Anti-Bacterial Tea. I call it a tea but it does not actually contain tea. It was made with hot water. If you prefer, you could make it with your favorite tea and let it cool down before adding the essential oils.
When you see the ingredients and their benefits, I think you will see why the ingredients in this Warm and Soothing Anti-Bacterial Tea are great to have on hand before you start to feel yucky!
Warm and Soothing Anti-Bacterial Tea
- Hot water (not boiling)
- 1 drop of Thieves essential oil – Anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antiseptic.
- 2 drops of Lemon essential oil – Anti-viral, anti-oxidant, immune support.
- 2 drops of Orange essential oil – Vitamin C rich, immune support.
- 1 toothpick dipped in the tip of the Ginger Essential Oil bottle – then swirled in the tea – Used by the Chinese culture to relieve congestion and the Egyptians to prevent epidemics.
- 1/8 tsp coconut oil – Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal.
- Honey – Sweetens, is anti-bacterial and soothes the throat.
I hope you try this tea. It is does an excellent job of soothing your throat and helps to support your immune. Leave a comment down below and let me know what you think and share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Just a side note. I only use and recommend Young Living essential oils because of their superior quality control standards found in their Seed to Seal Guaranty, the unmatched purity of their oils, their dedication to give back to the community and renew the environment.